State Records, in partnership with the Royal Australian Historical Society, will be holding a series of free workshops on Managing Local Collections in regional NSW between July and December 2012.
The session will include the following topics:
• Compiling and managing databases
• Digitising records and photographs
• Paper collection indexing, housing, storage, and temperature control
• Providing access to records
• Arranging and describing collections
• Accessioning procedures
• Do’s and Don’ts of storage
On Wednesday August, 8th The Ku-ring-gai Historical Society will be hosting one of these workshops with Janette Pelosi at its rooms 799 Pacific Highway, Gordon from 10:30 am until 1:30 pm. All interested parties are invited to attend this event. Please contact the Society via email, email@example.com, or telephone, (02) 9499 4568, to indicate your attendance.